Nepal – Current Covid Travel Regulations
Updates on Current Situation for Covid and Travel to Nepal. Updated – 26th August 2021
NEPAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS OPEN FOR LIMITED SHEDUAL FLIGHTS AND TOURISM WITH VISA
For Inbound Passengers
Visa Before Arrival is highly recommended. Should be obtained from the Diplomatic Mission in your country.
Visa On Arrival can be obtained with recommendation letter and correct documentation of your Nepal travel agent
You will need before travel
- Negative PCR Report 72 hours before your first flight
- Travel insurance that covers medical and evacuation and includes Covid cover
- 7 Days Hotel booking for quarantine. If you have proof of vaccination this can be home or self managed.
- Printed CCMC Online form and Barcode FROM
Nepal’s Current Lockdown Status (Updated 26th August 2021)
Nepal is facing its third wave. Averaging 2000 cases a day since mid April. Both the Indian and Uk strain have been identified in Nepal.
A LOCKDOWN HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR 29TH APRIL and is still ongoing, being extended for a further 7 days from 26th August. Though it is not currently a very restrictive lockdown.
- Transport operates with safety protocols
- Shops close at 8pm
- No large social gatherings, festivals or events
- Picture Theaters, Sports clubs, Party Venue’s to be closed
- Restaurants open until 8pm, safety protocols must be in place
- Mask wearing is compulsory
- Long distance transport and domestic flights operate with safety protocols in place
for Tourism in Nepal:-
Please check the protocol prepared by Nepal government from the PDF below in the link.
Useful Links to research before travelling:-
WHO daily updates on cases Data
Extension of International and domestic flight Suspension: Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal
Nepal Immigration Department Suspension of Visa Services: If you are looking for visa-related information contact Nepal Immigration.
Nepal Ministry of Home Affairs provides factual updates on corona cases daily through their website.
Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu:
WE WILL UPDATE WHEN NEPAL OPENS AGAIN, STAY HOME, STAY SAFE